|Kamloops, British Columbia, Canada|
|latitude: 50.676, longitude: -120.34|
|Browse map of Kamloops 50°40′34″ N, 120°20′24″ W|
|Use this template for your city|
|OpenStreetMap images (and underlying map data) are freely available under the OpenStreetMap License.|
The City of Kamloops Geographic Information Services has released their data to the public. This is currently being looked at by mappers to see what should be loaded.
Kamloops GIS Section See Open Data Downloads.
The following layers are completed:
- City Boundary
- Addresses (for the most part)
Trees(removed as they add little value)
- Roads (that are missing)
- Buildings and houses that are missing
- Fixing problems using OSM Inspector (especially street names and addresses); this is critical for routing
- Fixing units in buildings (http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:addr#Detailed_subkeys): do not tag for the renderer! Don't add housenumbers as units.
Layers that may be useful to add:
- More shops (some needs to be updated)
- Water features?
- Cultural, civic, tourist point features
- Matthew B
- Sam L
- The hiker