Discuss Help:Contents here:
There's no village pump at OSM, so I write my problem here.
I recently added the
name = Batumi / ბათუმი to Batum in Georgia. I had no problem viewing the georgian letters in Edit mode (XP) but after having got rendered during the week I see it renders wrong - with rectangles instead of georgian letters. Is it a missing font on the server? --katpatuka 17:56, 15 December 2007 (UTC)
- looks ok now. There have been some improvements in the use of fonts to handle extended character sets -- Harry Wood 13:40, 15 February 2009 (UTC)
A mess after the dutch translation
I made a mess after translating the page and saving it. I repaired it as good as I could, please check. jb2500 21.48 - 3th sep 2008
- Ah yes I noticed. I have reverted to an older version. You can do this by looking at the history of the page. Thanks for your work on translations! -- Harry Wood 13:40, 15 February 2009 (UTC)
I reworked this article to create a short summary of available resources to help people in various ways, the aim being to allow people to see the available options and move on within about 5 seconds. As such it is more like a disambiguation page than a stub. I also reformatted it into the standard 'wiki' format to avoid disorienting people. Feel free to add limited addition entries but people lets not turn it into a big extensive article. PeterIto 11:39, 8 January 2012 (UTC)
Cannot login to the help forum with Google
I tried to login to the help forum with Google. I got a message saying "OpenID 2.0 for Google Accounts has gone away". Can you please migrate so that I can login? (Sorry for posting here... I couldn't login to the help forum, and didn't find any other way to contact you!) --Erel Segal (talk) 13:48, 23 April 2015 (UTC)
- Google is trying hard to impose their own protocols here and elsewhere, but OSQA is not working on it. Probably your best chance is to register on openstreetmap.org or choose a more reliable OpenID provider. --Nemo (talk) 14:04, 23 April 2015 (UTC)
Problem with "Finding answers"
I'd suggest that OSM's help site (currently the 5th line of this section) be moved to the top. I'd move "Contact channels" immediately below it. Leave Map Features and Mapping Projects as 3 and 4. Remove "Category:Portals" altogether - it's just an irrelevant lists of lists (if people want to read the wiki they can just search). Then have "search the wiki" Then the remaining 3 - switch2osm, Disputes, "and finally the FAQ"
I'd be happy to make the change, but don't want to dive into a page that someone else is creating and disrupt what they're trying to do - hence asking first! --SomeoneElse (talk) 21:25, 10 November 2015 (UTC)
- I agree with the order you proposed, except I believe that "search the wiki" should stay at the top. Imo it promotes making an attempt to solve your problem first, and is probably more helpful than people expect. --Tordanik 08:36, 12 November 2015 (UTC)
Cannot create a user page
When I wanted to create my user page I got the message "To protect the wiki against automated page creation, we kindly ask you to type the two words you see in the box below". But there is no box below. Editing with the Visual Editor I got an unknown error while saving. What I am doing wrong? With about 150,000 edits in Wikipedia/Wikivoyage I have some experience with Mediawiki software. --RolandUnger (talk) 17:55, 14 September 2016 (UTC)
- Hi Roland, hmm, not sure what's wrong, but sounds like those https://help.openstreetmap.org/tags/captcha/ issues. Try again? It may help to mention which browser (+addons) you are using. --Aseerel4c26 (talk) 20:37, 14 September 2016 (UTC)
account not accepted at help.openstreetmap.org
Why my account data are not accepted at https://help.openstreetmap.org/? Therefore, I cannot post questions. I was testing it ( missing captchas, help.osm) with several browsers like firefox and ms edge. I do not use addons. Why the OSM wikis do not work properly? --RolandUnger (talk) 06:40, 15 September 2016 (UTC)