|Rendered as:||Little flag|
This is for embassies and other embassy-level diplomatic facilities (e.g. high commissions between commonwealth countries). Embassies are often shown on a-z street maps.
There are a few possible ways to tag this.
- How to represent consulates?
- Consulates maybe a synonym for Embassy? wikipedia:Consulate#Consulates_and_embassies
New Tag, diplomatic
- Consulants and permanent missions can be represented by diplomatic=consulate and diplomatic=permanent_mission respectfully.
- There are other kinds of diplomatic things we might want to map, eg customs_office, border post, etc. We can just use a new value.
- Renderers can just render any diplomatic=* as, say, a flag. So any new uses of diplomatic=* will get rendered.
- These's a proposal for Border control (Proposed_features/Border_Control), using diplomatic=border_control would solve this.
Additionally, a tuple is required to indicate which country the embassy represents. country=[ISO-3166-code], eg country=US (mind the upper case for the ISO-code) for an embassy for the United States of America.
We may wish to consider a further tuple to indicate which country the embassy is accredited to (which is not always the same as the one it is in - see Vatican). target=[ISO-3166-code]
- How to represent embassies of countries with no ISO-3166 code?
Moved to Talk page