|Used on these elements|
|Tools for this tag|
|Status:||Proposed (under way)|
|Definition:||where you can rent things|
You can rent a lot of things. Today (2010-08-16) there is a different approach for each thing you can rent.
- beach chair
All have common keys like operator and so on. They only differ in the item you can rent.
This proposal will be a fusion of all rentals to one.
- easy to expand if we have one rental tag
- compatible with existing foo-rental tags
- shorter periods until inclusion in rendering
- most code for tools working with this data can be recycled
- easy to tag for humans. Few keys for all rental services
- it allows to combine renting with selling (shops)
- compatible with shop. This might be interesting for a DIY-Shop where you can rent a trailer
- old amenity=car_rental can still be used parallel
|rental=*|| car, bike, ewer, boat, ski, ...
Use the established value-list separated by ';' i.e.: rental=boat;diving, where you can rent more than one thing (for example boat and diving things).
|name=*||Name of the station|
|capacity=*||Number of items to rent|
|network=*||Name of the station network. (see Tag:amenity=bicycle_rental)|
|operator=*||Name of the operating company like JCDecaux in Paris for Vélib'|
|deposit=*||yes or no or amount in local currency. You get this money back later|
|fee=*||yes, no or interval|
|Tag||Description||nice symbols for rendering|
|rental=car||rent a car|
|rental=watering_can||sometimes at cemeteries|
|rental=machines||you can rent tools, and machines for DIY|
|rental=motorcycle||motorcycle rental (motor-bike rental)|
|rental=trolley||lets go shopping|
|rental=costumes||costumes e.g.for carnival|