|This article is a stub. You can help OpenStreetMap by expanding it.|
OpenStreetMap's own servers are run entirely on donated resources. They have strictly limited capacity.
To improve this capacity, OpenStreetMap needs more resources.
If you are a company or individual and want to help OpenStreetMap to run local tile server for your region, we will appreciate your help.
Basic regional tile delivery server requirements:
- 12 GB RAM (at least; better 32 GB);
- Fast network connection with unlimited traffic; (Traffic is directed by GeoDNS)
- Full root/sudo access (Remote Management beneficial eg: HP Integrated Lights-Out);
- Ubuntu 14.04 LTS 64-bit (AMD64);
- Storage of at least 146GB excluding OS. (10kRPM disk or better preferred)
If you are able and willing to provide such setup, please write a letter to email@example.com.
Current Tile CDN setup: http://dns.openstreetmap.org/tile.openstreetmap.org.html
During January 2013 the tile.openstreetmap.org CDN served approximately 37400GB (inbound+outbound). Growth rate is approximately 3% month on month.
Outbound Traffic breakdown per country in bits per second. in March 2013. Inbound is approximately 10% of outbound.