State Of The Map/Planning/Scholarships
From OpenStreetMap Wiki
Please bear with us while we update the aim of our scholarship program and set our policies. If you are planning a similar event you may wish to take inspiration from WikiMania's scholarship program or FOSS4G's draft.
- Scholars must be at least 18 years of age.
- You cannot receive a scholarship to two consecutive State of the Map conferences.
- Post conference reports: Scholars are expected to share their experiences from attending State of the Map. This can be in the form or a blog post, OSM diary post or similar. We recommend the article covers two topics:
- A project you are interested in - if you gave a presentation at State of the Map, then you can just link to the video or the slides.
- Your experience of State of the Map - whether you enjoyed State of the Map and what you did.
- Applicants who received a scholarship in or after 2017 but did not complete their post-conference report are not eligible to apply again.
- Directors of the OSM Foundation (i.e. members of the board) cannot apply. Instead they should use the provisions set out under Article 7(4) of the foundation's articles of association to cover their expenses (incurred whilst promoting the foundation's objects at SotM).
- For the avoidance of doubt, members of OSMF working groups can apply for a scholarship. Alternatively their working group may wish to cover their costs (e.g. if their attendance of SotM is to promote the working groups aims). In both cases the member is encouraged to discuss their application with their working group.