Attempt to place features horizontally
I think is better and easier to add new apps if features are placed horizontally and apps are one per line. EddyP 20 mar 2009 17:16 EET
Routing features descriptions:
- Algorithms = What routing-Algorithm(s) are used?
- Address search = Can the user search for city+streets?
- Housenumbers = Can the user search for housenumbers?
- Voice guide = Can it speak driving directions?
- Route optimisation= What can a route be optimized for?
- Lanes = Does it support lanes?
- Turn restrictions = Does it support turn-restrictions?
- Recalculation = Does it automatically recalculate the route if a wrong turn is taken?
- Road block = Does it support route readjustment in case of a road block/avoid area?
|Routing||Algorithms||Address search||House numbers||Voice guide||Route optimisation||Lanes||Turn restrictions||Recalculation||Road block|
|Navit||Dijkstra with Fibonacci-Heaps||Yes||No||Yes, with external apps||fastest||No||No|
Operating system support
|Platform||Windows||Linux||Mac||Windows Mobile||Win CE||Symbian||Other|
|Navit||Yes||Yes (Nokia N810, Freerunner, Android, Angström)||Yes||Yes||Yes||No|
roadman "Algorithms" and "metrics"
How can "Algorithms" and "metrics" for roadmap be "in development"? If it does not have a single routing-algorithm and metric it cannot route. ;) so, wich one(s) are offered? --MarcusWolschon 04:35, 21 March 2009 (UTC)
Just some questions about WeTravel:
- What do you consider this metrics? Sounds more like filters of possible roads then metrics to optimize for to me. ("I want to calculate the most bike route from A to B.")
- Of cause you can emulate one platform on another. --MarcusWolschon 08:45, 8 May 2009 (UTC)
- Is that J2ME or what of the many mobile java-environments? What JCRs need to be supported by the device at a minimum? (There are many mobile java implementations for "Windows Mobile". Some have everything, some lack even basic networking and file-system -access) --MarcusWolschon 08:45, 8 May 2009 (UTC)
Can we have a column if the software can make use of an integrated compass? --Lulu-Ann 15:23, 15 July 2009 (UTC)