Talk:Tips especially for Aussies
Discuss Tips especially for Aussies:
These lists of tips do not appear to be 'Aussie' related at all. They're sprinkled all over the wiki, but only linked from here. Many of them are not entirely correct also. Essentially this is mess -- Harry Wood 15:41, 2 October 2009 (UTC)
- Well if that is the case, it is because the original Australian pages have been removed. Some stuff may be outdated, but this was originally a nice tidy section of wiki intended for Australian readers. User:Drlizau 06:28, 27 April 2010
- Sorry Liz. I know it's kind of rude to say that this is a mess without explaining in more detail, or taking actions to fix it. The problem is I don't always have time to tidy up after people on the wiki.
- I have done a little tidying now, including rescuing some of your old content, to help you with your aim of creating a set of pages especially for Aussies. The main problem is that you created new pages with titles such as "Using JOSM", and without any links back to this "Tips especially for Aussies" page. So there was no context for somebody who may for example, arrive at that "Using JOSM" page through a search on the wiki.
- If you want to create a highly specialised collection of information about using JOSM targeted at Aussies, you have to name the page accordingly and make sure it is described and linked accordingly at the top of the page, otherwise it creates confusion for people searching. So that is what I've done for you now.
- I think there's a lot of work to do on the content of your pages, and I guess I'll leave you to it, now that these pages are no longer confusingly cluttering the wiki namespace and causing confusion for people searching quite as much.
- -- Harry Wood 13:30, 10 May 2010 (UTC)