Errors in the Map Data
This section is about errors - some say bugs in map and how to deal with them:
- Notes – The most common way to report errors/bugs or urgent improvements. Easily add reports on the OpenStreetMap main website with the add improvement/error feature.
- MapDust - A different system with feedback to map data errors/bugs.
- OpenStreetBugs - This has been replaced by Notes and is no more supported.
- Quality assurance – Exhaustive list of tools for improving map data quality. Includes tools which show potential mapping bugs.
Maintainers of OSM-related software generally have an issue tracker at the same place as their development repository. In most cases, this is github. Please check the wiki page for the individual project to find out where the maintainer wants bugs reported.
In all cases: please search the already reported bugs before posting a new one. If you post a new one, please be verbose to avoid the need of guessing by the developers. Thank you for your contribution!
Some major software:
- The OpenStreetMap Website has an issue tracker on github (OSM's trac is an alternative). For server, operational issues, see Contact#Systems administrators.
- Nominatim (search), API: OSM's trac
- The osm.org 'Standard' Map Style ("Mapnik"), see OSM.org section at CartoCSS. Other map styles are separate, please see on their wiki pages or look at contact/license footers in a map display.
- Our editors have each their own issue trackers / sections:
- Talk:Wiki is a page with suggested technical improvements to the wiki software. WikiProject Cleanup#List of wiki cleanup issues is a list of "bugs" in the wiki content