Errors in the Map Data
- Quality assurance – Exhaustive list of tools for improving map data quality. Includes tools which show potential mapping bugs.
- Notes – Easily add error reports on the OpenStreetMap main website.
Maintainers of OSM-related software generally have an issue tracker at the same place as their development repository. In most cases, this is github. Please check the wiki page for the individual project to find out where the maintainer wants bugs reported.
In all cases: please search the already reported bugs before posting a new one. If you post a new one, please be verbose to avoid the need of guessing by the developers. Thank you for your contribution!
Some major software:
- The OpenStreetMap Website has an issue tracker on github.
- Our Editors have their own issue trackers / sections:
- Talk:Wiki is a page with suggested technical improvements to the wiki software
- WikiProject Cleanup#List of wiki cleanup issues is a list of "bugs" in the wiki content