Please Note: The concept of Brainstorming means that everyone can add their ideas, however stupid, and the others are asked not to say immediately that they find the idea stupid. That phase (weeding out the stupid stuff) comes after the brainstorming. (Copied from Frederick Ramm's blurb on Api 0.7 Brainstorming page)
The overall objective of this event is to showcase:
- the expansion of OSM's data coverage
- innovative use of the data in the Philippines
This conference is designed for:
- contributors - to share techniques in collecting data
- end-users - learn how anyone can use the data
- service providers - how to create services out of the data
- OSM for your website -
- Ed Garcia - on using OSM for waypoints.ph
- Enthropia - on Boracay mapping and boracay.com.ph
- OSM derived services
- NeuralTech - on using OSM/GPS for fleet management
- Maning - OSM for your Garmin GPS
- Technical presentation of Philippine Spatial Referencing System - discuss what are projections, datum.
- All about GPS technologies
- What data is acceptable in OSM, what data isn't.
- Mapping techniques - how to use various OSM editors
- Using OSM on a professional GIS environment
- Workshop - PH tagging guidelines
- Philippine Local Chapter discussion
- Program flow - One day conference session, One day mapping party
- Online/live-streaming of the conference
Logistics and Planning Committee
Travel and Lodging
Discussion in talk-ph
just a thought OSM Philippines mini-conference 9 messages maning sambale <firstname.lastname@example.org> Tue, Apr 7, 2009 at 7:29 PM To: osm-ph <email@example.com> Hi,
This is just an idea running on my head for a couple of days already.
Purpose - to show-off OSM Philippine initiatives: - what have we done so far - how can you contribute - innovative ways you can use the data
Who can we invite: OSM-PH contributors Media Schools GeoData holders LGU Orgs using OSM data
Possible presentations/demos I have in mind: Ed Garcia - on using OSM for waypoints.ph Enthropia - on Boracay mapping and boracay.com.ph NeuralTech - on using OSM/GPS for fleet management Maning - OSM for your Garmin GPS Any OSM contributor - how to map using potlatch, josm, merkaator Launching plans for an OSM-PH org [insert more here]
Possible preps and logistics sponsorships to cover expenses venue - I can probably get a venue (free or cheap) somewhere committee to organize things
Any other ideas?
Eugene Alvin Villar <firstname.lastname@example.org> Wed, Apr 8, 2009 at 9:38 AM
This is a great idea. I'm all for it.
maning sambale <email@example.com> Wed, Apr 8, 2009 at 11:11 AM
OK Any date? (Probably a coupe of months lead time for logistics and sponsorships) People willing to help organizing the event?
To: maning sambale <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Sure! I would be happy to talk about what I learned so far about OSM and how I use it on waypoints.ph I know I still have a lot to learn and discover about OSM and I would be delighted to talk shop with other users during such a conference.
- >) ed
Andre Marcelo-Tanner <email@example.com> Fri, Apr 10, 2009 at 1:16 AM
Sure what do we need here, I have no problem discussing Boracay though it might be more fun to have Jim join in and explain his 'fun' adventure of mapping Boracay :)
maning sambale <firstname.lastname@example.org> Mon, Apr 13, 2009 at 12:24 PM To: email@example.com OK, first order of the day would be to write something about the planned event. I will do that over the next few weeks. Then, let's agree on the date. Then sell the idea to anyone willing to cover some costs. At least we need some funds for food.
Mike Collinson <firstname.lastname@example.org> Mon, Apr 13, 2009 at 7:43 PM To: email@example.com If the idea gains traction, you might want to call it "State of the Map Mini-Conference". It would be great to grow it over two or three years to an international Asian conference in Boracay. I have access to the www.stateofthemap.org if useful.
Eugene Alvin Villar <firstname.lastname@example.org> Sun, Jun 7, 2009 at 4:56 PM Guys,
Let's try starting with this long-ago thread again and see where we end up with?
We can target an July or August date or something for this event.
Eugene / seav
maning sambale <email@example.com> Mon, Jun 8, 2009 at 9:45 AM Just to add a few more topics: On Tue, Apr 7, 2009 at 7:29 PM, maning sambale<firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote: > Possible presentations/demos I have in mind: > Ed Garcia - on using OSM for waypoints.ph > Enthropia - on Boracay mapping and boracay.com.ph > NeuralTech - on using OSM/GPS for fleet management > Maning - OSM for your Garmin GPS > Any OSM contributor - how to map using potlatch, josm, merkaator > Launching plans for an OSM-PH org > [insert more here]
- Data imports (how you can import your data and use OSM data) - Report from the SOTM '09 scholar