2006 Bath mapping party
The aim was to complete a new map of the beautiful city (interested parties were invited to add contact details to the list below.)
Map edits as at 29 August 2006. Still a lot to do but a big improvement.
- RESULTS - An aggregate image showing all the tracks collected over the weekend.
- When - 10am onwards, usually morning and afternoon sessions for those without previous experience (10am & 2pm starts), both Sat 19th and Sun 20th August.
- Meet Venue - Café Nero, 21 High Street, Bath, BA1 5AJ. Thats the current proposed meeting place although that may change so keep an eye on this page for updates. The café has Boingo wireless hotspot.
- Accommodation - If you wish to attend but need accommodation add your requirements below for Fri/Sat night and we will see if anything is available. At this point in time we are not sure what might be available or what the cost might be. There is also a campsite with space available this weekend on the outskirts of Bath, check here for details.
- GPS units - We will have perhaps up to 8 spare GPS units (Garmin units?) available. At Mapchester we loaned out about a dozen units without any problems by holding a drivers licence/passport/keys etc) as security.
- SteveC - All weekend
- Blackadder - All weekend
- Nickb - All weekend - could do with some accomodation, can bring two GPS units in return!
- GWall - Saturday, at least.
- Nick W - At least one day, probably the one with the best weather, possibly both. Accommodation (Sat/Sun, not needed Fri/Sat) would be useful if available, probably cheaper than paying the train company for two journeys :-)
- Andy - Only just discovered openstreetmap, but I live in Bath and will try to find some time to say hello. Can't promise enough time to help with mapping at this short notice but can provide local knowledge if anyone needs it.
2006 Bath Mapping Party Press Release was sent to Bath Chronicle, BBC Somerset, BBC Bristol and GWR Bath
Blackadder did a radio interview over the phone with GWR Bristol/Bath on 17th August.
Plans for what we (ie OSM) want to achieve over the weekend should be made here. If you have something you want to map thats great. Note that many of the city centre roads have been mapped and named but no other tagging applied.
Thanks go to those who came: Alex, AndyR, Ava, Declan kruppa, Erica, Nickb, NickW, Graham, Rob & SteveC + AndyM for dropping in and saying hello.