|Bath, Somerset, England|
|latitude: 51.38, longitude: -2.36|
|Browse Bath map 51° 22′ 48″ N, 2° 21′ 36″ W|
|Use this template for your city|
|OpenStreetMap images (and underlying map data) are freely available under the OpenStreetMap License.|
This page is about current mapping in Bath, UK. For previous OSM in Bath, see Bath 2006.
Using the latest OS OpenData Locator data, road names from OS can be compared with those in OSM. There are currently 34 discrepancies within Bath. The results can be found at Bath/OSLocator_Comparison.
Thanks to the mapping party, most parts of Bath have some mapping.
- City centre: 90% done
- London Road area: 80% done
- Weston: 75% done
- Twerton: 85% done
- Oldfield Park: 75% done
- Widcome/Combe Down: 60% done
Things to do
- Footpaths - there are many footpaths that lead out of Bath into the surrounding countryside, most of which are not yet mapped.
- Tourist destinations - clearly the main users of maps in Bath are tourists. Adding all major attractions, will make the map very useful.
- Bus routes and stops - bus stops have been imported from NAPTAN. These need to be verified. Also, bus route relations are missing - there's an extensive service in and around town, but barely anything on the OSM map. Bath/Bus Routes in Bath
Graham - Did the sector West of the Wellsway to Oldfield Park. Will continue outwards in this area.
Rob - Did bits all over the place: Larkhall, Weston, Twerton, Combe Down
Tim - Micromapping in the town centre, and pushing for bus routes in and around town