Help locate areas to cultivate around Duddingston - A community mapping event
An opportunity to learn how to map your area using OpenStreetMap. A chance to add your ideas and local knowledge to a shared online resource. Have you spotted a piece of land unused? Got an idea for a new allotment, green space or just fancy a ramble around your backyard with lots of interesting people? Join us!
- When: Sat 29 March 2014 10:00-16:00
- Where: ain Hall at Duddingston Kirk Hall
- User:Hawkeyes - Tim
- Phone: +44(o)-77-3499-six-five-one-four
- Email: fozy81 AT hotmail.com
- Event schedule:
10:00 Meet at the kirk hall - greetings and introductions
10:30 Survey the local woodlands, greenspace, un-used land, derelict areas, brownfield sites etc
13:30 Lunch at the Main Hall - Not provided! - bring pack lunch or buy something in the local area
14:30 Editing and updating OpenStreetMap, completing survey questionaire of background details of potential new greenspace/cultivation sites
16:00 Finish - or go to the bar to celebrate!
- If you own a GPS, smartphone, digital camera or laptop computer, please bring it along. If not, we will have equipment to loan.
- Weather: This event is rain or shine.
- RSVP: please let us know that you will join us by registering here:
'Attending' page or email the address given above
Hawkeye Open Knowledge Foundation Scotland Local Duddingston residents
What to Bring
- A smart phone, if you have one.
- A digital camera/camera phone, if you have one.
- A laptop, if you have one
- If you have not signed up to OpenStreetMap - it is worth looking at the site and signing up before the event (but not essential)