Florida/Everglades Agricultural Area
Prolific (and blocked) mapper NE2u w added the boundaries of the EAA to OpenStreetMap in 2012. The source for these edits are not given and the data is neither precise nor accurate. The original multipolygon is strung together with a handful of levees, canals and highways, as well as approximately six otherwise untagged ways. There are three key issues with the current data:
- The entire relation has the landuse=farmland tag, which is quite imprecise. Only the farms within the EAA themselves should be tagged as farmland. There are whole towns and airports within the area currently tagged as farmland.
- The data does not reflect the actual boundary of the EAA on the north or south edges, leaving out certain protected areas entirely.
- The data does not include the C139 Basin or its Annex.
Data for review
There would be two changesets for this import.
- The NE2 data would be removed, and untagged ways used in that relation would be deleted. Here is a OSM file for review with these edits.
- The SFWMD data would be imported, tagged with the boundary=protected_area schema. Here is an OSM file for review with the imported data.
|name||Everglades Agricultural Area|
|operator||South Florida Water Management District|
|wikipedia||en:Draining and development of the Everglades|