Garmin/eTrex Legend C
GPS unit: Garmin eTrex Legend C
- Website: Produktseite official link
- navigator (Navigation: )
- CPU: (OS: ), Flash: (external: no)
- GPS: 12 channels, ( waas;egnos, no )
- Display: , Connectivity: usb
- Internal: Batteries:
|Mass Storage mode||? Waterproof|
- Colour display.
- Supports maps.
- Relatively decent map memory (24MB).
- Very tough, "impossible" to break.
- Good support in many Linux programs (i.e. Viking) to download data from the device.
- Good battery life, +20h in normal mode (low power mode exists).
- Can be used while USB-power is connected and can therefore be powered in a car or by a USB-battery pack.
- Good/large track memory.
- Difficult to send data to the device when using Linux.
- No USB-disk support, only special Garmin USB-protocol.
- No memory card.
- The device have a tendency to get unstable after a couple of years. Sudden shut-downs, especially when using the buttons or in "shaky" environments, gets much too frequent.
- Why?: The problem is because the batteries are connected to the main board by spring-loaded connectors and these get worn out.
- Fix it!: The solution is to open the device and solder wires between the battery pack and the main board instead of the spring loaded connection. To open the device: 1. Remove the black rubber sides. 2. Cut a line along the middle of the sticky-goey clear tape around the whole device with a sharp knife. 3. Use a small, flat, screwdriver to pry the device open.
Outdated handheld GPS device. If you're thinking about buying a brand new GPS device, don't buy this one. If you're thinking of buying an old and used Legend C, be prepared for a bit of "hands-on" repairing.
|Display||Colour display (? pixels)|
|Dimensions (W x H x D)||?|
|Battery||2 x AA / 30 hours|
|Ships with||eTrex Legend C, Basemap, MapSource® Trip & Waypoint Manager CD, USB cable, Wrist strap, Owner's manual & Quick reference guide|
|Misc||IPX7, WAAS, EGNOS|
- eTrex® Legend C - specifications