It aims to provide a map which is more similar to conventional maps (like Shell-Atlas) commonly used in Germany.
A HOWTO for potential contributors is currently being worked on.
A description of the styles history is currently only available in German at https://www.openstreetmap.de/germanstyle.html
CC0 1.0 like Standard tile layer
Main differences to OSM Standard Style
- Localization using German names and latin script for all around the world.
(The provided code can be used for any target language using latin script)
- Abbreviations for "Street" in common languages (e.g. Straße -> Str.)
- Style and colors of major roads (Motorway, primary, secondary, ...)
- Style of footway, cycleway and path
- Style of paved tracks (tracktype=grade1 or surface=paved)
- Style of "living_street"
- Border colors
- Added rendering of highway=proposed
- Style of highway=construction
- Common German symbols for deciduous and coniferous forests.
- Draw line marking on sports grounds tagged leisure=pitch
- Additional and different POI-types (Castle, Pharmacy, ...)