Henry Coe Park Mapping Party
What are mapping parties?
Mapping parties are events where anyone can come and participate in the OpenStreetMap project. OpenStreetMap is a free, open source map that can be contributed, edited and used by anyone anywhere. Mapping parties are social events where experienced and new mappers can meet to share and learn more about the project. The events are generally held in a public place, and allow time for discussion, mapping and editing. The event is open to all.
It's fun. It's free. You can help.
More about Mapping parties
- When: Saturday December 14th, 10am-4pm
- Where: Henry Coe State Park, east end of East Dunne Ave in Morgan Hill. There is a $6-10 parking fee.
- Contact User:Smbritton Email: email@example.com 408-242-5092
- Event schedule:
- If you own a GPS or laptop computer, you are welcome bring them along. If not, we will have GPS units to loan.
- Hike Details
- Weather: Heavy rain cancels, but I'll be at the Los Gatos Carpool location and then trail head to make the final determination with my co-leader.
In case of a rain-out, I can still be at Peets Street Coffee at 3:00 PM to demonstrate OSM or upload any data. Give me a call on my cell 408-242-5092 if you would like to meet.
- RSVP: please let us know that you will join us by contacting User:smbritton or RSVP here: http://www.meetup.com/Bay-Area-OpenStreetMappers/events/166665342/
- Co-listed with Sierra Club, Loma Prieta Chapter, Peninsula Regional Group
To add more points-of-interest to the park map as well as tackle areas that still need mapping.
Mapping Party Suggestions
Please feel free to suggest locations and goals for this mapping event as well as future events.