Currently there is some hi-res bing coverage (green shown on this map) available in the Ambon area and HOT is investigating other possible imagery sources.
There is a Task Manager job set-up here.
- Floods in the northern peninsula : Laha, Tawiri
- Floods in the southern peninsula : Kel Batu Meja, Ambon, Untetu, Hative Kecil, Galala, Lateri, Passo, and South of the peninsula
- Landslides in the south peninsula : Batu Gajah, Mangga Dua, Karang Panjang, Batu Merah, Kebun Cengkeh, Ahuru, and some others
Mapping to do
Some squares in the ocean can be marked as done. Equally there are a lot of task squares of mountain jungle with no features to map. These can be marked as done after a quick check
Things to map
- The major coastal road which loops around the island
- Other residential roads where visible
- landuse=residential areas roughly around settlements
- Rivers - waterway=river down the centreline pointing downstream towards the ocean
- bridges - bridge=yes + layer=1
- Coastline - There's lots of crude coastline data to fixup (PGS fixup) change the source tag from PGS to bing on stretches you've done (cutting the way if necessary)
Use JOSM/Validator to look for possible bugs