JMapViewer is a java component which allows to easily integrate an OSM map view into your Java application.
- Provides integrated zoom controls (slider and buttons) in the left upper corner (can be hidden)
- Switch between different tile sources: Mapnik, Tiles@Home, Cyclemap, ... (other tiled maps can be used, too)
- Configurable in-memory and file-based caching of loaded map tiles
- A list of map markers (the yellow circles in the screenshot) can be added. Map markers of different shape can be easily added by implementing the MapMarker interface.
- Configurable/Extentable/Replaceable controller (code part that manages mouse interaction and how the map reacts to it)
- Requirement: Java 1.5
- License: GPL
- Subversion repository: http://svn.openstreetmap.org/applications/viewer/jmapviewer
- The repository is an Eclipse project which can be directly checked out. Additionally a build.xml for compiling and packaging via Apache Ant is present in the repository.
Releases containing source code and binary jar files are available in the releases directory in the SVN: http://svn.openstreetmap.org/applications/viewer/jmapviewer/releases
The release contains a small demo application which demonstrates some of the features of JMapViewer.
Javadoc for that component can be found on JOSM-Documentation: Javadoc
Bugs can be reported in JOSM-Wiki: JMapViewer-BugReport
JMapViewer bases on code written originally for the JOSM plugin slippy map chooser
JXMapViewer - similar name but more complex. Embeddable swingx component for java gui developers.