one of the changesets can be seen here:
- wrong tagging: every dentist, vet, doctor is tagged as hospital
- many dupes http://matt.dev.openstreetmap.org/dupe_nodes/?zoom=7&lat=36.30734&lon=127.4773
- no clear licence information
- no documentation of import in the wiki
- i am quite sure, the yahoo-api returns gps-data of a non free map. Can someone read korean and read the license? Google translator can not. --Jstein 23:18, 11 March 2010 (UTC)
What happened till now
- Mail to: http://email@example.com/msg27522.html --Jstein 08:29, 24 February 2010 (UTC)
- got mail reply. asked him to write answer public here. I think situation is complicate and we need help of experienced users to save the work of this User. --Jstein 11:37, 24 February 2010 (UTC)
- Discussion on #osm and #osm-de --Jstein 08:34, 24 February 2010 (UTC)
- Message (RFC) on ML legal 7 Apr 2010
- Message (RFC) on ML region-ko --Jstein 08:20, 24 March 2010 (UTC)
- Message (RFC) on ML region-de 20 Apr 2010
- found Yahoo's Useragreement for the API http://kr.open.gugi.yahoo.com/Regist/agreement.php
with the source information in node http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/node/368929047 source = http://kr.open.gugi.yahoo.com --Jstein 19:15, 3 October 2010 (BST)
Discussion follows here
User:cyana wrote today:
I'm sure all the data i've upload is 100% no problem legally. I've collected those POIs from various sources, such as directory of Korea Hospital name database, or digging up many text files which was freely available in internet. even school directories... Etc.
And then get the lat/lon pair from yahoo's open API POI service(yes it was really nice gift, free service in korea). Yahoo korea provides service which can return lat/lon pair from the given unique name. It covers most of massive POIs uploaded last year by me. Some of POIs from government such like Seoul bus POI database, metro subway databases. all databases was public. But I didn't set proper OSM tags for those POIs. I just set that POIs was coming from Yahoo Korea using some script as you know.
I have some plans to update wrong tags as like 'dentist', and set more accurate name tags because old POI's korean to english translation program maded by me has some translation errors.
I also got 40000 POIs(mostly mountain name) from GNS and various mountaining clubs who provide those POIs freely last year but didn't upload it to OSM server yet.
I'm not sure when to begin those work. Thanks for reminding me what have to be done. :)