Laramie Mapping Party
|latitude: 41.31398, longitude: -105.58079|
|Browse Laramie map 41° 18′ 50″ N, 105° 34′ 51″ W|
|Use this template for your city|
Laramie is a CITY in WY at latitude 41° 18′ 50″ North, longitude 105° 34′ 51″ West.
Join us for the first annual Laramie Mapping Party to celebrate the 15th anniversary celebration of the Wyoming Geographic Information Science Center!
Learn how to use a GPS - or bring your own - and collect points of interest for our community. We'll help you add them to OpenStreetMap (www.openstreetmap.org), a free editable map of the world.
There will be free food, refreshments and prizes!
More about Mapping parties
- When: Saturday September 17th, starting at 1 pm
- Where: Laramie Railroad Depot, 1st and Kearney, Laramie, Wyoming
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 307-766-2532
- Event schedule:
1:00 - 1:30pm Check-In (equipment, map assignments)
1:30 - 2:00pm Intro to OpenStreetMap and Mapping Instructions
2:00 - 4:00pm Mapping Time - walking/biking/driving - on your own or with a team!
4:00 - 5:30pm Data Upload and Editing (must return to Depot by 5pm)
5:00 - 7:00pm Social - food, refreshments, discussion and presentation of results
Special thanks to UW Office of Academic Affairs and Office of Research and Economic Development for supporting this event.
- No prior GPS experience required. If you own a GPS, please bring it along. If not, we will havea limited number of GPS units to loan and paper maps for you to annotate
- The mapping event is free and open to individuals 18 years and older
Please let us know that you will join us by registering on here: http://www.uwyo.edu/WYGISC/events/fall_2011/laramie_mapping_party.html
To add more points-of-interest to the city map.
Mapping Party Suggestions
Please feel free to suggest locations and goals for this mapping event as well as future events.