| Magic Earth|
|License:||proprietary (free of charge)|
|Platforms:||iPhone, iPad, and Android|
Magic Earth is a free app providing free worldwide navigation and OpenStreetMap-based maps, as well as free speed cameras in 59 countries.
Magic Earth is a free maps and navigation app based on OpenStreetMap data and available for iPhone, iPad and Android smartphones and tablets. The app features free turn-by-turn navigation, free downloadable maps and free speed cameras.
Magic Earth is developed by General Magic, a new company who set out as a division of ROUTE 66 with the ambition to live up to the reputation of the original General Magic - the company founded in 1990 who brought together big names like Bill Atkinson (the creator of QuickDraw and HyperCard), Andy Herzfeld (the co-creator of the Mac and designer of circles in Google+), Tony Fadell (widely regarded as "the father of the iPod") and Andy Rubin (the founder of Android, Inc.).
- OpenStreetMap data, constantly improved by millions of contributors around the world
- Free turn-by-turn navigation with crystal clear instructions in 59 languages and dialects
- Car, Walk and Bike travel modes available
- Lane guidance: on-screen and spoken instructions indicating which lane to choose
- Routes with multiple stops
- Road signs replicating the colours of real road signs
- Free speed cameras and speed warnings
- Free map downloads for offline navigation. Worldwide coverage.
- Weather for over 100,000 locations worldwide
- More than 500,000 Wikipedia articles accessible directly from the map
Interface languages: Chinese (Simplified), Chinese (Traditional), Danish, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Korean, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, and Turkish.
Voice guidance languages: Afrikaans, Bulgarian, Cantonese, Catalan, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch (Belgium), Dutch (the Netherlands), English (Australia), English (Canada), English (Ireland), English (Scotland), English (South Africa), English (United Kingdom), English (United States), Estonian, Finnish, French (Canada), French (France), German (Austria), German (Germany), Greek, Hakka, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Iranian Persian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Mandarin, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese (Brazil), Portuguese (Portugal), Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish (Mexico), Spanish (Spain), Standard Arabic, Standard Malay, Swedish, Swiss German, Tagalog, Taiwanese, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Urdu, and Vietnamese.