From OpenStreetMap Wiki
|License:||proprietary (free, pd version available)|
Geocaching support, POI Radar
Maverick is a fully OSM based off-road navigation solution for Android devices.
- Open Street Maps (Mapnik , Osmarender, Cyclemap, Public Transport)
- other maps: Google, Bing, outdooractive (Germany, Austria,South Tyrol) Nokia Maps, Cycloatlas (CZ, SK), Near Map Australia
- offline use: maps are automatically cached for offline use. However, Google requested Maverick that its maps are no longer cached.
- with the freeware Mobile Atlas Creator it is possible to convert maps from other formats (outdorractive, hubermedia,...) and use them offline
- complete POI handling with database, including 1 photo, and navigating to POI (no routing)
- searching online for POIs in a database in the web foursquare
- Geocaching feature: pocket queries on geocaching.com
- Share position online
- Build-in radar shows the direction, distance and estimated time to a point of interest
- Record tracks, export/import tracks
- Upload tracks to GPSies.com
- Trip Computer: speed, altitude, pitch