Mechanical Edits/Math1985 mechanical/Dutch Shop Names
This edit was executed at 15 November 2015.
I am proposing to correct the spelling of some chain shops within the Netherlands. In particular, I am proposing the following changes.
- Kruitvat -> Kruidvat
- Hunkemoller -> Hunkemöller
- blokker -> Blokker
- Albert Hein -> Albert Heijn
- AH -> Albert Heijn
An overview of affected shops in the Netherlands can be found through Overpass Turbo: http://overpass-turbo.eu/s/cwW
Some chain stores are commonly misspelled. Removing the spelling mistakes improves data quality and makes life easier for data consumers.
I will take the following measurements to guarantee community support and minimize the risk of incorrect edits:
- I will follow, of course, the Automated Edits code of conduct.
- I have created the current page to document this automatic edit.
- I will discuss this edit at the 'users: Netherlands' forum (link).
- I will use JOSM combined with Overpass.
- I will download the data from Overpass, manually select the Netherlands only, and run the name="SHOPNAME" shop=* filter. Subsequently, I will change the name tag, and upload the data.
- I will do this edit within one changeset with tags "mechanical=yes" and "comment=Use consistent name for chain stores in the Netherlands, see http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/w/index.php?title=Mechanical_Edits/Math1985/Dutch_Shop_Names".
- This is expected to be a one-time edit. If the need arises for a new round of mass renaming, this will be discussed with the community again.
- I will allow users to opt-out. If users want me not to touch some objects, they can contact me in the forum or by e-mail.
If you want to register particular areas or objects for an opt-out, please let me know in the forum or by e-mail. No opt-outs have been received.
Matthijs Melissen, email@example.com