From OpenStreetMap Wiki
|Author:||Bart Vanhauwaert, Chris Browet and others.|
|Platform:||win ; linux ; unix ; macos|
Good editor with styling
Merkaartor is an OpenStreetMap editor for Unix, Windows and Mac OSX (prerelease, Intel only), distributed under the GNU General Public License.
- Homepage: http://merkaartor.be/
- Download: Binary packages are available for various Linux distributions, Mac OSX (Intel), and Windows from the Merkaartor files page.
- Official Documentation and OpenStreetMap Wiki Merkaartor Documentation.
- Need help? Get support from the Merkaartor mailing list
- Want to help? Read about development, and contributing.
Merkaartor has some unique features such as...
- Map view near-WYSIWYG, anti-aliased, with road names
- Transparent display of map features like roads, amenities and areas
- Style editor for the map display, including multiple styles
- Support for handling separated highways
- Easy up/download from OpenStreetMap data
- Render an area with the current style (SVG or Bitmap)
- Native application (developed with the Qt4 toolkit)
- Import NMEA files
- Live connection to your GPS
- Experimental mobile device support (Pocket PCs)
- View your GPS tracks and geotagged photos without the need to upload them