From OpenStreetMap Wiki
(Redirected from Merkartor)
|Authors:||Bart Vanhauwaert, Chris Browet, Ladislav Láska and others.|
|Platforms:||Windows, Linux, Unix, and macOS|
|License:||GNU General Public License (free of charge)|
|Programming languages:||C++, and Qt|
Good editor with styling
Merkaartor is an OpenStreetMap editor for Linux, OS X and Windows, distributed under the GNU General Public License.
- Homepage: http://merkaartor.be/
- Download: Binary packages are available for various Linux distributions and Windows from the Merkaartor download page. (Mac possibly supported, but no binary download available)
- Nightly builded versions are available for Windows and Mac OS X systems at bintray.com
- OpenStreetMap Wiki Merkaartor Documentation.
- Screenshots (archived version as of 2013-10-17)
- Need help? Get support from the Merkaartor mailing list
- Want to help? Take a look on how to contribute or offer your help at the mailing list! Source code and issue tracker are hosted at github.
- Localization of menu text etc is managed via Transifex
Merkaartor has some unique features such as...
- Map view near-WYSIWYG, anti-aliased, with road names
- Transparent display of map features like roads, amenities and areas
- Style editor for the map display, including multiple styles
- Support for handling separated highways
- Easy up/download from OpenStreetMap data
- Render an area with the current style (SVG or Bitmap)
- Native application (developed with the Qt4 toolkit), thus no need for installing a Java Runtime Environment.
- Import NMEA files
- Live connection to your GPS
- Experimental mobile device support (Pocket PCs)
- View your GPS tracks and geotagged photos without the need to upload them