OSM Map On Garmin/gosmin/developers
gosmin for Developers
The sources can be found in the OSM SVN: http://svn.openstreetmap.org/applications/utils/gosmin/
There is a *To Do list* mentioning current limitations and future plans.
If you want to include your map, gosmin (currently) needs the following:
- Stable link to the zip, bz2, gz, etc. file - no "weekly changing" url :-)
- A single gmapsupp.img file. Separate .img tiles intended for MapSource currently won't work.
- Currently no additional license texts for individual maps - only CC-by-SA license.
- Details about the map, examples can be found in the maps.xml file
What it does
The welcome, license, device and preparations page shows/collects some info. In the destination page, all removable drives will be enumerated and displayed. Gosmin tries to detect the right drive in the following order:
- empty (probably a new memory card)
- contains the file: \garmin\gmapsupp.img
- contains a folder: \garmin
- is a drive smaller than 64GB (probably not a hard drive)
- any other removable drive
Source page will collect more infos. Installation page:
- download zipped file into NSIS specific Temp folder
- unzip (zip, bz2, gz, ...) file in NSIS specific Temp folder
- copy gmapsupp.img to destination folder
... for more details: may the source be with you!