Pateley Bridge Mapping Party
Get well soon chippy!
Mapping parties are events where anyone can come and participate in the OpenStreetMap project. OpenStreetMap is a free, open source map that can be contributed, edited and used by anyone anywhere. Mapping parties are social events where experienced and new mappers can meet to share and learn more about the project. The events are generally held in a public place, and allow time for discussion, mapping and editing. The event is open to all.
The Field Trip is meant to bring people together, map an area, and give folks a taste of how maps are made. This Field Trip also has a value of 4 CPD points. (CPD =Continuing Professional Development)
The area is very nice, easy to get to and parts of the town need mapping (See landsat image on the right)
Maps so far
Old Organisational Details
- When: 7 June 2009
- Venue: We'll meet up in the car park at latitude 54.08442 longitude -1.76075 (map) (copyrighted map) although Wildings Tea Rooms open at 10:30
- Venue Contact:
- Contact Tim / Chippy Email: email@example.com cell number: 07941 902640
- Event schedule - Sunday 7th June
- Meet at the car park. Briefing, introductions, training
- Go out and map
- Come back for lunch - venue/time tbc
- Out again3
- Back for Tea. - venue/time tbc
If you own a GPS or laptop computer, and/or internet dongle thingy please bring it along. If not, we should have GPS units to loan.
RSVP: please let us know that you will join us by registering on the AGI events page, or adding your name below.
If there's interest a mini-bus could be hired to take us from Leeds station to the area, or lift shares from nearby stations can be arranged. Alternatively there should be buses from Harrogate.
Do sign up on the AGI Northern Group SIG events page - it's a free event, and add your name here too:
- Tim Waters / Chippy - May have to bow out due to sudden nasty fever - could experienced OSM users help the newbies, please.
- Longwayround may well be coming with his bike and could probably pick a few people up as he drives there from Preston.
- Harry Wood
- Harry Wood's dad
- Harry Wood's long suffering girlfriend
- Sward - maybe
- Venue Scouting / Choosing