Potlatch 2/Developer Documentation/releasing
From OpenStreetMap Wiki
When you have a version of potlatch2 that you want to officially release, do the following:
- Change the version string in version.as.template
- Commit that change
- Add an annotated tag with "
git tag -a 0.5" with 0.5 replaced by the relevant version number (see below for more)
- run "
git describe" and it should show the new build number, which starts with the new version number
- run "
ant release" and check that everything is definitely OK :-)
git push --tags" to share the tag - tags aren't pushed by default.
That's it, a new release. Start working on the soon-to-be-needed point release!
git tag" tags the most recent change, by default. You can specify a particular commit by doing "
git tag -a 0.5 abcd12" if you need to.
- You can, if you like, GPG sign the tag with "
git tag -s 0.5", but that's not hugely important for us.
- Things might change in the future, since there's some duplication now between the version.as.template and the git tags. But that's low priority.
- Remember that if you change the git tags or version template, you need to use
antrather than just
fcshfor it to take effect