Proposed features/Science Park
|Definition:||Science Park/Scientific Research Centers|
- For OSM projects by the scientific community, see Research.
There is a need to identify scientific research centers zones.
Here there is what I mean: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Science_park
The following icon was proposed :
The original is on Wikimedia Commons
...however it's licensed GFDL by David Vignoni, so technically we shouldn't be publishing it here
- I would prefer the atlantic neutral term Science Park to Centre/Center. Bruce89 00:04, 21 September 2007 (BST)
- This is really not an amenity! I'm not sure, but that sounds more like a landuse=science_center to me. -- Ulfl 08:38, 6 November 2007 (UTC)
- I also think landuse would be the best fit. Generally I support this kind of tag. How should areas be rendered? --Dennis de 10:04, 14 November 2007 (UTC)
- Would this not properly served with landuse=commercial and the name of the science center as the name? Gustavf 22:45, 17 May 2008 (UTC)
- Depends what you see as a science park. CERN is marked as such and in my eyes research of this kind is far from commericial. amenity is the tag whic comes with university so it should be appropriate for science park as well for it is like a university just without students.--Tox 08:04, 1 September 2008 (UTC)