Proposed features/greenhouse horticulture
|The Feature Page for the approved proposal greenhouse_horticulture is located at Tag:landuse=greenhouse_horticulture.|
|Definition:||area used for growing plants in greenhouses|
|Rendered as:||bluish white|
In some parts of the world large areas of land are covered by greenhouses used for growing vegetables or flowers. Examples can be found in parts of the Netherlands and in south-eastern Spain. Such landuse is very different from farmland and deserves a distinct tagging scheme.
A new tag landuse=greenhouse_horticulture is proposed for land used for cultivating plants in greenhouses. A greenhouse is here defined as a permanant structure covered with a transparant or translucent material (e.g. glass or polyethylen) and usually having a controlled climate inside. Any auxiliary facilities (buildings, outdoor areas) necessary for operating the greenhouses should also be considered part of such landuse.
The term "greenhouse horticulture" may seem a bit longish but it is the term used by the industry itself.
<tag k="landuse" v="greenhouse_horticulture"/>
Area filled in with bluish white colour (the colour of the sky reflected in glass)
Please discuss on Talk:Proposed_features/greenhouse_horticulture
The voting has closed. The proposal has been approved.
- I approve this proposal. --Polderrunner 18:59, 9 September 2009 (UTC)
- I approve this proposal. --Simone 19:27, 9 September 2009 (UTC)
- I approve this proposal. --MikeCollinson 07:55, 10 September 2009 (UTC)
- I approve this proposal. -- VIGNERON 08:00, 10 September 2009 (UTC)
- I approve this proposal. -- Kenguest 09:23, 10 September 2009 (UTC)
- I approve this proposal. --Skippern 11:43, 10 September 2009 (UTC)
- I approve this proposal. --HeikoE 12:34, 10 September 2009 (UTC)
- I approve this proposal. --Cartinus 12:37, 11 September 2009 (UTC)
- I approve this proposal. but I'd like to see also a tag for the greenhouse itself (e.g. building=greenhouse) --Dieterdreist 01:01, 13 September 2009 (UTC)