Proposed features/historic site
|Status:||Proposed (under way)|
|Applies to:||node, area, segment|
|Definition:||Anything that is recognized has being of historic value by an authority|
This tag is intended for any building/area/site/monument that has been officially recognized by an authority as worthy of protection/recognition for its historic or cultural value.
- designation=* Is is an American registered historic place? A Unesco world heritage site? A Quebec arrondissement historique or site du patrimoine? A French monument historique? A British grade II* listed building? A Swedish byggnadsminne? a New York designated landmark? A California historical landmark? A Canadian national historic site?
- authority=* The authority that made the designation (a city, county, state/province, country etc.)
- ref_heritage=* A reference number, where appropriate
- Something which would require a different value of "historic" (historic=memorial, historic=battlefield etc. etc.) would still be allowed to keep it, and just be appended the appropriate extra tags
- format for "authority" and "designation"
- designation clashes with Key:designation which whilst unofficial is more widely used than in this context
- multiple values
Any of node, area (traced building, districts), or ways (streets or segments of street are often designated, as are bridge)