Proposed features/parking aisle
|This proposal has been obsoleted by Tag:service=parking_aisle.|
|Definition:||Lanes within parking areas|
|Rendered as:||Road with width thinner than highway=service roads, Viewable at Only zoom=17 and 18|
New proposal is at Proposed features/service=parking aisle.
A parking_aisle is an area in a parking lot in between parking spaces so that vehicles can drive into and out of the spaces.
Although there is a amenity=parking tag available for parking areas, the amenity=parking tag does not show the layout of the parking lanes themselves. With the increasing use of aerial and satellite imagery in OSM it is now feasible to map out the layout along with entrance and exits of the parking area.
For Main roads in a parking area highway=service works fine as described in Parking, but for individual lanes they are too wide and clutter the area. Take this area for example http://openstreetmap.org/?lat=52.46965&lon=13.36844&zoom=16&layers=B00FT It looks decent at zoom=17,18, but when you zoom out to 14,15,16 the roads clutter together. That's why highway=parking_aisle would not be viewable beyond zoom=17 (16 at most).
How to Map
|To map parking_lane ways nothing else than a simple way is required. Add the highway=parking_aisle tag to it and a oneway=* tag if appropriate.|
Example & Description
Viewable at Only zoom=17 and 18.
Please use the discussion page for comments.
- I approve this proposal.--Nickvet419 05:11, 11 July 2008 (UTC)
- I oppose this proposal. It's a Rendering issue. Use highway=service service=parking_aisle and let's expand the Osmarender/Mapnik-Styles --Cbm 05:27, 11 July 2008 (UTC)
- I oppose this proposal. - I second Cbm here. --Tessarakt2 06:54, 11 July 2008 (UTC)
- I oppose this proposal. - highway=service is appropriate and sufficient here; don't change the tagging scheme to work around rendering issues. -- Eugene van der Pijll 07:23, 11 July 2008 (UTC)
- I oppose this proposal. I agree with Cbm -- Ulfl 07:32, 11 July 2008 (UTC)
- I oppose this proposal. I agree with Cbm -- Hyrava 13:48, 11 July 2008 (UTC)
- I oppose this proposal. I also prefer the solution of Cbm which does not add a new value in the long list of highway keys-- Pieren 14:23, 11 July 2008 (UTC)
- I oppose this proposal. I agree with Cbm --SlowRider 17:29, 11 July 2008 (UTC)
- I oppose this proposal. I agree with Cbm --Etric Celine 17:46, 11 July 2008 (UTC)
- I oppose this proposal. I agree with Cbm --Cartinus 20:50, 11 July 2008 (UTC)
- I oppose this proposal. As per above. --Thomas Wood 01:02, 12 July 2008 (UTC)
This proposal has been Rejected