|Software described on this page or in this section is unlikely to be compatible with API v0.6 deployed on April 20, 2009. If you have fixed the software, or concluded that this notice does not apply, remove it.|
Make sure you have a cheap data connection!
Right now, installing it is a mess. For a third edition phone (S60 3rd), you'll need to install:
- from http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=154155:
- http://www.saunalahti.fi/~tsharju/pys60/pys60-pyexpat_3rded_selfsigned.sis (you will need to turn your phone's clock back since the certificate expired)
- From the Python 2.2 distribution (from Python.org) (
wget -r -np --no-host-directories --cut-dirs=5 http://svn.python.org/projects/python/tags/r222/Lib/xml/)
- Copy the entire contents of the 'Lib/xml' dir to E:\Python
- If copied to some other path, edit the 'sys.path.append' line in osmedit.py
- Send the following script to your phone: http://svn.crschmidt.net/personal/symbian/osmedit.py
- It can then be run from within the Python shell.
It will download an area right away. You can then move the cursor around with the arrow keys. You can click the 'select' button (middle button on a N95) to select a way (which will find the nearest node: usually this means it selects multiple ways). Zoom in with *, zoom out with #. More data can be downloaded via the menu, or by pressing the '5' key. The current selection can be cleared by pressing the 'backspace'/clear key.
If you edit the file, the default bounds can be edited in the "initial_bounds" variable at the top of the file.