San Francisco Mapping Party Nov2011
What are mapping parties?
Mapping parties are events where anyone can come and participate in the OpenStreetMap project. OpenStretMap is a free, open source map that can be contributed, edited and used by anyone anywhere. Mapping parties are social events where experienced and new mappers can meet to share and learn more about the project. The events are generally held in a public place, and allow time for discussion, mapping and editing. The event is open to all.
It's fun. It's free. You can help.
More about Mapping parties
- When: Saturday November 19th, 10am-4pm
- Where: Red Vic Peace Center 1665 Haight St, San Francisco, CA 94117, USA
- Contact User:Smbritton Email: firstname.lastname@example.org 408-551-0722
- Event schedule:
- 10am - 4pm
- 10:00 am: Introduction to OpenStreetMap for beginners and instruction in use of loaner GPS units.
- 10:15 am- 2:00pm: Mapping time (walking/biking/driving)
- 2:00pm -4:00 pm: Uploading and Editing Map Data with refreshments and discussion.
- 10am - 4pm
- If you own a GPS or laptop computer, please bring it along. If not, we will have GPS units to loan.
- Weather: This event is rain or shine. Extreme weather cancels.
- RSVP: please let us know that you will join us by contacting User:Smbritton or RSVP here: http://www.meetup.com/Bay-Area-OpenStreetMappers/
- Co-listed with Sierra Club, Loma Prieta Chapter, Guadalupe Regional Group
The Red Victorian Bed & Breakfast, Peaceful World Center and Café 1665 Haight Street San Francisco, CA 94117 (415) 864-1978 http://www.redvic.com/peaceful_world_center/peaceful_world_cafe.html
To add more points-of-interest to the San Francisco map as well as tackle areas that still need mapping.
Mapping Party Suggestions
Please feel free to suggest locations and goals for this mapping event as well as future events.
- Shops, restaurants etc, and the general extent of the commercial district in the Haight.
- To the west, Golden Gate Park.