HOT would play a role with the in-country coordinators to articulate surveys with satellite imagery processings about flood/landslides extents and other relevant damage assessments on key infrastructure.
The HOT Team is:
- gathering the useful equipment available for OSM mapping in Dakar.
- Nicolas is currently on the ground in Dakar until 1-sept facilitating a hot/ osm training at a Tech Camp on rural development (30 & 31-Aug) and a mapping party focused on flood response (1-sept) and meeting with local actors.
- coordinating with local OSM mappers as well as humanitarian and governemental actors.
Senegal on Relief Web
External notification to partners
In progress, as of Aug. 29th, External notification to partners encompassing:
- Virtual Technology Communities (V&TCs)
- UN System agencies, especially UNOCHA
- local and international partner organizations
There is a task on the Tasking Server to trace roads in this area - http://tasks.hotosm.org/job/54
Report by World Bank and Senegalese Government "RAPPORT D’EVALUATION DES BESOINS POST CATASTROPHE Inondations urbaines à Dakar 2009" Evaluating the needs following the 2009 floods in Dakar] (In French and English)
Data on Senegal
Using Openstreetmap data - Downloads
OCHA, through its Core Operational DataSets registry, provides various datasets including administrative boarders VERIFY its licensing status before using.
UNITAR Flood analysis of Eastern Dakar areas - Guediawaye, Pikine 2009, (PDF MAP)