From OpenStreetMap Wiki
Data preparation in JOSM
Have the lines already been simplified? I have edited the 3 files from the github repo as follows:
- removed core zones ("Kernzone")
- transformed disjunct nature reserves ("NSG") and those with enclaves into multipolygons
- added missing names and corrected those with charset problems (ß)
Conflicts with pre-exisiting nature reserves
Apart from geometry conflicts (still looking for a good example) I am unsure how to handle the following:
- Name tagging: Quite a few existing nature reserves have "NSG" as part of their name. Shall we leave this as it is or change it?
- Multipolygons: Some nature reserves consisting of disjunct areas are not mapped as multipolygons. Question as above.