Talk:Proposed features/Ski Jumping
The main issue with the previous proposal is the use of the sport=* key [sport].
Intent: To mark the location of the take-off ramp used for ski-jumping. Ususally it is a good point for orientation in country.
The new value may be used with the sport tag with linear. The proposed tag is:
<tag k="sport" v="ski_jump_take_off"/>
Rendering: The tag is directional, so the take-off ramp should be drawn heading downwards (down the slope). The symbol should be stretched from beginning to the end of the underlaying segment. The segment is drawn grey and the symbol is drawn black. Rendering is left for discussion...
- As I look at the symbol, maybe it would be better to change the arrow direction as it would be more straightforward... --Kubajz 10:54, 17 July 2007 (BST)
- Can you add a photo? I'm not quite sure what this looks like, and the symbol is a bit confusing... Frankie Roberto 14:20, 17 July 2007 (BST)
- Photo added. As I wrote before - the symbol is a thing to develop... --Kubajz 10:58, 24 July 2007 (BST)
- how about simpler sport=ski_jump, with ways rendered as take-off ramp, landing areas rendered as skiing area
- In the same way as written right before, I work on a "ski resort" related features and I try to define different "skiing areas" and one could be a "ski jumping" area showing the whole area dedicated to. Your "take-off ramp" could be a useful object to add to this specific area to separate the taking-off and the landing part of the area. --Livewire74 15:45, 22 November 2007 (CET)
- I suggesting that the complete area is marked and tagged as sport=ski_jump. The area is rendered with some suitable color with a ski jumping pictogram (maybe ) in the middle. --Kslotte 18:38, 8 February 2010 (UTC)
- Why not piste:type = jump, this tag would be similar to the ones used in the Piste Maps. The take off tip of the ramp could have a takeoff = K90, K120, Kxx, 'normal hill', 'large hill' or 'freestyle'. That way icons could be rendered at that point for ski-jumping or freestyle jumping and the tags would be used for the 2 sports. --yvecai 19:30, 28 February 2010 (UTC)