Revive as leisure=maze?
Now that the attraction= key is abandoned should(n't) this maze tag value be linked with leisure? leisure=maze has already 32 instances in the db vs. 44 of attraction=maze. The thing is that labyrinths and I guess mazes, too (see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Labyrinth for definitions), exist and are very special types of objects/POIs for many. So, I'd propose to use leisure=maze possibly together with maze=labyrinth when the "maze" in question is a labyrinth (ie. only one way in/out). --JaakkoH 16:26, 17 June 2012 (BST)
- I agrree that labyrinths or mazes exist and are very special types of objects/POIs for many. I wanted to add 2 seasonal "leisure fields", one of them being a "corn maze", being grown-up every year with different routes. I know there are some others as well in southern Germany. Probably there are others elsewhere. So I will use leisure=maze. --Rennhenn 10:04, 8 September 2012 (BST)
How do you tag the barriers?
Obviously it is not a good idea to map each hedge or wall as a separate way. If you have mapped the ways, it is clear that there are barriers between the ways. However, it would be nice if it was possible to indicate the type of wall (e.g. stone walls, wooden fences, hedges, corn fields). Any ideas? --Head 16:11, 27 August 2010 (BST)
- Does it really matters? We don't map building about if they are wooden or concrete either. --Kslotte 17:30, 27 August 2010 (BST)
- When I was on Crete as a kid, they had (claimed) historic mazes, where the barriers between the aisles were, in part, nothing more than few remaining rocks scattered where there had been some sort of wall. Not a real barrier anymore. Alv 13:55, 30 August 2010 (BST)
Tag it as an attraction
I think that attraction fits better then leisure, and could be used also for the cases where the main tag is not tourism=theme_park:Proposed_features/Key:attraction -- Dieterdreist 10:13, 21 September 2010 (BST)
- This is a very good idea, thank you. I didn't know the attraction key, and I'm going to change the proposal.
- I see no need for an attraction=* key. What's wrong with leisure=maze? --Fkv 19:23, 26 March 2011 (UTC)