Talk:Proposed features/measurement station
gute Sache... evtl noch eine eine url,, wo man die Messungen einsehen kann?--josias 22:18, 2 April 2010 (UTC)
- Du meinst die URL, unter der Meßergebnisse veröffentlicht werden, so etwas wie Hochwasserzentrale Baden-Württemberg? --grossing 00:57, 3 April 2010 (UTC)
- Hab noch measurement:url= und operator:url= reingepflanzt. --grossing 16:38, 5 April 2010 (UTC)
I'd replace the type= tag with a measurement= tag. The type-tag is widely used for relations. The type= tag needs some more descriptions, I just can guess that particulate_matter is the german "Feinstaub". --Werner2101 07:25, 3 April 2010 (UTC)
- Good argument. I changed this. --grossing 12:15, 3 April 2010 (UTC)
Here is a list of interesting values for the tag measurement, for discussion. FrViPofm 17:15, 4 April 2010 (UTC)
- snow (depth, density?)
i think this won't be a definite list, "*" required... --Quarksteilchen 17:25, 15 April 2010 (UTC)
- +1 -- Malenki 17:14, 3 May 2010 (UTC)
- Of course it cannot be definite, but we need to make a start. The list should cover the most abundant stations.
- I suggest adding ground_water, because water_level may be misleading for this.
- Air can also be tested for SO2, NOx, etc. I think that we should separate
- * the matter examined (air, water, snow, traffic...)
- * what it is examined for (ozone, height...)
- * the porpose of the monitoring (weather, air quality...)
- We can extend the approach from man_made=monitoring_station:
- maybe together with monitoring=weather/air_quality/... for the purpose
- --Fkv 21:58, 29 September 2012 (BST)
rendering / icon
this information could also be helpful for navigating on paper maps while hiking in the mountains. so a small icon of a measurement-station will be definitely helpful. if i've the time i'll do something this evening.. ... any ideas what should be on the symbol? a little barometer, a ruler, ..? --Quarksteilchen 17:20, 15 April 2010 (UTC)
url vs website
- Sounds better. --grossing 10:42, 9 April 2010 (UTC)
I'm unable to find the value in operator:url=*. Is there a fear that the measurement station's web site might not include it? Does the operator have a significant impact on reporting or maintenance? Did I miss a discussion? --goldfndr 03:44, 6 April 2010 (UTC)--goldfndr 03:44, 6 April 2010 (UTC)
- I'd prefer to use the approved url=*, too. When there will be stations whose url and the url of the operator are really different then we could still fall back to url:operator=. (I'd prefer it this way (not operator:url) to make it easier for applications to find the url-key.) -- malenki 16:05, 6 April 2010 (UTC)
I suggest measurement:recording=value. So it's clear that measurement:recording=value is related to measurement=value. Another possibility to show this relation will be keys like recording:weather=value. --Falcius 11:41, 14 April 2010 (UTC)
measurement vs. monitoring station
I prefer man_made=monitoring_station, because measurement is just a part of what a monitoring station does, and also because measurement_station is more prone to spelling errors and it can be mixed up with measuring_station.
Note that man_made=monitoring_station is currently used more than twice as much:
--Fkv 21:11, 29 September 2012 (BST)
- There was a discussion in the German forum about this. There are some measurement stations, where the data is first transmitted (e.g. ), before the monitoring is done somewhere else. --Fabi2 02:54, 1 October 2012 (BST)
- Today I had a deeper look at the data:
- monitoring_station may be leading in sheer numbers but the top five contributors (of 272) added 1781 objects by imports. Looking at the rest there remain 664 objects by 257 contributors.
- With measurement_station there seems only one import by katpatuka with 127 objects obvious so there are 346 contributors which added the remaining 825 objects.
- So for me the numbers don't say much, if not that measurement_station is known or used by more people.
- One of several reasons could be that JOSM has a template for measurement_station.
- Additionally I'd like to point out that monitoring_station was put directly to the tags with skipping the state of proposal.
- Another thing worth considering imho is that prior to being able to monitor something measurement have to be made but the reverse is not true. If there is monitoring ongoing (on site or remote) it could be mentioned using monitoring= -- malenki 09:49, 17 November 2012 (UTC)
- it is shorter than man_made=measurement_station, and in English it is always better to use the shorter of two exact synonyms;
- as mentioned above, there may not always be absolute measurements made at the station;
- there are more than 2x the number of man_made=monitoring_station nodes as man_made=measurement_station.