Talk:Moderation mailing list
Discussion prior to list being established
Name discussion on main page
The following is taken from the main page prior to the name being agreed...
What should the name of the list be?
The following titles for the list have been proposed.
(Talk, as a prefix, should just mean 'general chat list'. So talk-gb@, but just dev@. Most of these would be fine without talk- before them.)
- I have removed the 'talk-' prefix from the above and added an underscore to the ones that I consider need it. PeterIto 16:52, 18 September 2009 (UTC)
Name discussion on talk page
- "qa", no "talk" --Gary68 11:08, 18 September 2009 (UTC)
- I like the idea, and If I had to choose moderation@ whould be my choice, but in complement of a list, I think a wiki page/project would be good to list survey tools, ideas, ... sletuffe 14:44, 18 September 2009 (UTC) (Edit, I might be blind, looks like Vandalism is made for that sletuffe 14:47, 18 September 2009 (UTC)
- I don't suppose "talk-loyalty-and-re-education" would be acceptable. So my favourites on the current list are "qa" and "quality". Rw 15:52, 18 September 2009 (UTC)
The following is the details of the vote cut from the main page prior to the list being established...
I am keen to get this list rolling, so can people say which names they like and dislike and why and then we can pick one tomorrow? PeterIto 17:03, 18 September 2009 (UTC)
- I vote for 'moderation' because it identifies and limits the scope to what I think is wanted pretty well. I like data_protection a bit except that it sound like 'data protection act' which is not so good. counter_vandalism is a bit judgmental. Quality could attract discussion about the correct and incorrect use of tags which I believe is well out of scope. PeterIto 17:03, 18 September 2009 (UTC)
- Likewise, I vote for moderation or maybe data-moderation or edit-moderation but I guess the simpler the better. --Milliams 18:08, 18 September 2009 (UTC)
- Moderation looks good, talk-qa probably my 2nd choice but not very informative on first glance. --DrMark 23:21, 18 September 2009 (UTC)
I think that is clear then. I have now emailed a request to Michael Collinson for a email@example.com email list to be created as detailed on the Mailing lists page. PeterIto 08:07, 20 September 2009 (UTC)
- Richard W
- David Earl
- John Robert Peterson
- Russ Phillips
- Chris Fleming
- Jennifer Campbell
- Brian Prangle
Motivation / Mission Statement
Collaborate with others interested in maintaining and improving the quality of contributions to OpenStreetMap . Rw 16:22, 18 September 2009 (UTC)
Evaluation of edit- and user-entropy, detection and repair of high-entropy edits, user education, creation of software tools, scaling high-quality community growth. Rw 16:22, 18 September 2009 (UTC)
Areas of interest and co-operation
- User quality metrics.
- Edit quality metrics.
- Quality related software tools.
- Quality related software interfaces.
- Training and education materials.
- Communication tools.
- User interface improvements.
Skills required and appreciated
- Psychology of Internet vandalism and related pharmacology, abatement and targeting systems.
- Web development.
- User Interface development.
- Bug triage and fixing.
- Community development.