Discuss Site improvements here:
Tidy up and rename
This page needs a tidy up and maybe a rename. It's mostly related to wiki improvements, which is fine (although it's all distraction from the real OSM development work) There are one or two suggestions related to the other 'site improvements' i.e. things relating to the Slippy map and other parts of the ruby-on-rails coded OSM Front end. I think these should be seperated out. This page should be renamed 'Wiki Improvements' and the other suggestions should probably be move to Talk:Slippy Map. Or raised as trak tickets. -- Harry Wood 20:00, 22 July 2007 (BST)
- Improvement is more than just simple cleanup but we should try to unite all efforts in one wiki improvement project. -- Mardocz 23:20, 16 October 2007 (CET)
- Ah I see you've suggested a merge with WikiProject Cleanup, but that doesn't make much sense to me.
- The current content of this page is talking about technical changes to the workings of the wiki (things which can't just be done with wiki edits) i.e. not something that can be described as "cleanup" tasks, and something which would be carried out by specific people with the access to do so. That's a useful separation.
- Unfortunately the current content is also discussing Ideas/Bugs related to the web components we have built (rails). This is the main problem with this page. Should be separated out (the suggestion I was making above)
- If you do see anything on here which is talking about "cleanup" tasks which anyone can do... those could be moved into WikiProject Cleanup
- -- Harry Wood 00:09, 17 October 2007 (BST)
- I completly agree that restructuring the wiki information (my definition of cleanup) is different to technical discussions. So probably I misused the merge template here to express my wish to start a central article for all wiki related topics. Because in the current structure I find it very complicated to find informations. -- Mardocz 01:46, 17 October 2007 (CET)
- Yep. I quite like that idea actually, so I've gone ahead and created it. A page called "Wiki" which acts as a kind of disambiguation page and also a place for the technical ideas to be discussed ("Talk:Wiki") where I have moved the contents of 'Site improvements'. Now I will change that be look more like a discussion perhaps, and move out the non-wiki ideas. -- Harry Wood 10:59, 17 October 2007 (BST)
What do you think about OpenID as an additional sign up possibility? I saw some discussions about that on the mailinglist a few month ago. -- Mardocz 23:20, 16 October 2007