I noticed that `amenity=scrapyard` has more uses in taginfo than `industrial=scrap_yard`
Also a recent discussion on the tagging mailing list suggests that `amenity=scrapyard` is the tag to use.
Can we prefer the `amenity=scrapyard` tag on the osm wiki as well?
- Interesting, as I see it, in fact industrial=scrap_yard has more uses in taginfo than amenity=scrapyard. Also the latter has no documentation on wiki. So I prefer industrial=scrap_yard.
- Chrabros (talk) 07:27, 31 October 2016 (UTC)
- Ok, it was 83 amenity=scrapyard, 78 industrial=scrap_yard when I looked yesterday. And besides `industrial` is a subtag under `landuse=*`, so it doesn't really fit here.
- Either way, I'll not create a preset in iD for it until there is some better consensus. (see also iD/issues/3387)
- --Bhousel (talk) 14:32, 31 October 2016 (UTC)