My name Adib Yaghoubzadeh and I'm an OSM mapper from Iran. I became familiar with OSM when I was trying to figure how to add some new features to Maps.me navigation app. I did a google search and I discovered they are using OSM data. Since then I have been learning and simultaneously adding features to OSM. I started by adding highways of Northern Isfahan Industrial zone and some edits and error correction in Shahin shahr, Isfahan.
The major project that I have completed since I join the OSM community are as follows:
- Adding service highways of Northern Isfahan Industrial Zone and the highways connecting major road to this zone.
- Adding Speed Cameras nodes to Tehran-Qom-Isfahan - Delijan-Salafchegan- Arak Primary and Trunk roads in both directions.
- Adding Iran's Protected Areas to OSM based on the maps available on WDPA.
- Adding Iran's National Parks to OSM based on the maps available on WDPA.
- Adding Iran's Wild Life Sanctuaries to OSM based on the maps available on WDPA.
- Translated the Telegram OSM bot to Persian Language.
- Adding up to date administrative boundaries for Provinces, Counties, Districts and Rural areas of Iran based on the maps available from the Iranian Ministry of Interior. Before this import, we had only relations for provinces but now we have 430 relations for Counties, 1400+ relations for Districts and 2500+ relations for Rural districts. Fore more information please visit this page.
- Adding administrative borders for Tehran's districts. 22 relations with wikidata and wikipedia links has been added to OSM.
Translating some basic OSM wiki pages to Persian. So far I've translated OSM Good Practice page and started to translate OSM FAQ.