From OpenStreetMap Wiki
Current Primary Interests in OSM
In a nutshell:
- surveying and mapping a small-ish area on the coast of Norway
- marine mapping in OSM in general (both at sea and on inland waterways)
(I am not a member of any of the data collection projects FT or OSeaM)
I could go on for a while listing a lot of things I think are interesting, but the items above are the ones I actually might have time to work on once in a while.
- trained in Computer Sciences
- expert on Web technologies
- now studying Cartography
- nautical paper chart production
- electronic, terrestrial and celestial navigation at sea
- processing of seismic and hydrographic survey data
- I also read some topics in [Talk-de], [OSM-talk], [Tagging], [OSM-legal-talk], [Talk-transit] and [Routing] on occasion, but don't monitor these lists on a regular basis, so you may or may not have luck contacting me this way. Therefore I always appreciate courtesy copies for new threads that concern one of my interests.
- Please don't take mailing list discussions off-list without clearly and prominently stating your reason to do so. Without a reason, I will assume you made a mistake in operating your email client and might forward your message to the list.
- Outside of mailing lists, I prefer email communication. Please contact me at arne at thaw dot de.
- Do use my talk page instead if you feel the Wiki syntax or the free Wiki-like access might be conductive to the matter being discussed.
- In case you're having trouble reaching me with something important, it might help you to learn that this Arne Johannessen is me. Note that OSM currently has a low priority with me, so I don't always have the time to reply. It has also happened that I had to abruptly leave an ongoing discussion for several weeks, by which time re-joining the discussion was pointless. So, do feel free to try and contact me through other means than described above if you think it's necessary, but please expect that I may not be able to get back to you.