Dutch. I live in Edinburgh at the moment working on obtaining a Master's degree at the Institute for the Study of Science, Technology and Innovation to complement the Bachelor in Technical Information System Engineering. Interested in technical knowledge, engineering culture and ethical aspects of technology use (e.g., privacy and globalisation).
Geitenwollensok during daytime, bitpusher at night. Gently kicks car drivers out of their cars onto their bicycles. So far, it hasn't done the trick and resorts to smiling and waving friendly when things go bad.
Currently doing mapping using a Garmin Vista HCx preferably on a mountain bike. Avid fan of Softplate mounts. Good replacement for all those flimsy factory handlebar mounts. Hasn't mapped that much but things will change (just wait until I finish my dissertation).
Editing and uploading happens from my trustworthy IBM notebook (yes, IBM).
- [Done] Familiarising myself with JOSM and editing maps.
- [Done] Seeing whether I have existing useful geospatial data.
Other Efforts and Interests
- [Done] Open to questions, comments and concerns; do not hesitate to contact me.
- [Busy] Viewing and reviewing OSM Wiki pages. Particularly concerned with usability and substantive content of pages to non-users and technical novices.
- Looking into routeable maps and route planning software using OSM.
- Looking into Web and Mobile API's for more creative OSM power.