|English • Deutsch|
A shell-script for linux for starting and updating josm
- gets always the newest version of josm-latest.jar or josm-tested.jar (configurable)
Caution: "latest" can have various and serious bugs, please read the changelog when using it!
- backs up old versions (useful when the new one doesn't work properly)
- is able to launch an old version of josm (via josm -r [revision])
- passes all arguments to josm - you can pass files to open with josm, e.g. 'josm trace0*.gpx trace10.gpx'
- sets environment variables, passes correct parameters to java and uses alsa instead of oss
- offline mode (-o) (note: this won't be set in josm.)
- update-only mode (-u)
- checkout the current or any other revision from svn, compile and start it (-s, may be combined with -r [revision])
- start arbitrary .jar files, useful for development
Note: when your sound system is alsa (default on most distributions) and you want to do audio mapping you need to install aoss/alsa-oss. If you don't have this and don't need this feature, just delete "aoss" in the last line.
This version was tested and worked fine on ubuntu 8.04 with sun java 6
New: Code is now available at github under GNU GPLv3.
Please download josm.sh and josm.conf into the same folder and edit josm.conf to fit your needs.
josm.sh - the script itself
josm.conf - the configuration file