From OpenStreetMap Wiki
Local areas of mapping interest
Munkkiniemi and surrounding walking areas
Small paths between Itäkeskus and MarjaniemiDone 2008-12-05
Cycleways & paths north of ItäkeskusOthers have taken care of that..
More to come.
- I don't think there is much one can do locally, downtown Helsinki is in quite good shape.
Feel free to give out suggestions on places that are missing paths and are within reasonable cycling distance (40min).
Long distance mapping
- Cozumel I was on vacation during April-2009. I had Drawn roads based on Yahoo satellite images. Once onsite, I collected GPS traces and photographed street names while moving around the town with a bicycle. I did manage to find roads that are fresh enough not to appear on satellite pictures. That combined with the fact that there is nothing on google maps on Cozumel raises a warm fuzzy feeling. There are still roads that should be drawn as two separate ways. Feel free to edit..
- Had couple of visits to Tampere, drove GPS tracks to couple of roads that had none, including parts of road 290/Hausjärventie.
- Höytämö (near Tampere). Still room for improvement
- Pispantalli on the way to Tampere
- Kauhajoki. Spent a midsummer weekend there during the summer 2009. Additional mapping resulting from midsummers 2010 & 2011.
- Sicily. Was on vacation at Sicily at fall 2009, spent time in Taormina, Syracusa and Catania. Taormina had only couple of major streets mapped. Syracusa was better, but missing the small alleys in Ortigia. Catania is in fairly good situation when it comes to roads. I did walk up to Etna...
- Sicily part II. Back to Sicily on September 2010, visited Trapani, Pantelleria, Agrigento and surrounding areas.
- Northern Italy on 2011. Italy - again. What more is there to say. I'm still going trough Sicily 2010. There are many traces which go trough unmapped villages, where one can draw all th streets from satellite images. Just that the street names and other attributes (oneway, etc) will be missing. on my 2011 trip I notices that northern Italy was in quite good shape, aside less visited areas.I don't expect to contribute lot here. Sicily has stolen my heart and there is lot's of mapping to do there.
- Southern and eastern Sardegna on 2012. Need to check my traces, I know there is mapping to do.
emailc4o88k802 <--- that followed by this ---> @sneakemail.com
Garmin eTrex Legend HCx and my trusty (not rusty :) ) bicycle