User:Kodapan/Mapnik map XML editor
This is old stuff, it's silly and has no use. Kept only for historic reasons.
This is my attempt an a map style editor for the Mapnik map xml.
What it does
- First loads a template osm.xml XML to a DOM bound to java beans mainly using XPath.
- Then it normalize all use of colors in XML to hex RGB.
- Then it extracts facet values from the XML.
- User find matching symbolizers by selecting facet values.
- Matching symbolizers are drawn in a new map to really show what they are.
Currently there is no edit function at user level! Programmatically it's something I already do, eg when rendering the map with matching symbolizers.
It's implemented in Java using Vaadin.
Initial screen. In behalf of rendering a map with matching symbolizers all matching symbolizers is the same as no matching symbolizers
Clicked on filter key facet value for [highway]
Matching symbolizers map rendered. An obvious bug is that water, text and a bit of other stuff still is rendered even though they are not selected. Why no streets are rendered at this point, that I do not know yet. They are supposed to.
Clicked on filter key value pair facet value for [tunnel] = 'true'
Now highways are displayed in rendered map for some reason.
Notice in filters that it is "and not [tunnel] = 'true'", so the facet values should at least also include prefixed logic to make more sense.
Ideas for future when bugs are fixed include
- To be able to click on a pixel in the map to order colors by distance from selected color. (Perhaps gamma made it change in map compared to definition.)
- Text style facets
- Shield facets and perhaps even a small icon editor or something
Your comments and ideas
Please leave them here!