Hi, I finally got my own GPS device (Garmin Dakota 20) which I intend to use mainly as bike computer on my road bikes. So most of my traces are from at least paved roads.
I just started to work a little with JOSM which seems a bit wired to me. Also I managed to do a first few changes in my area.
My first aims are:
- Log all my road bike trips and upload them to OSM
- Map/correct the area around
- Get into contact to other OSM people between Leonberg/Ludwigsburg/Stuttgart
- Try to find out why the OSM bicyle maps does not work correctly when used for routing (device crash or reports calculation error)
- Start to do some Geocaching
- Learn how to download dedicated areas from the OSM database
- Build my own maps, with layers I can switch on/off on the device, own colors, and which are routeable
So as direct consequnce I'm looking forward to meet people
- who can introduce JOSM (or other/better) application for refining mapping data
- who can give my some introduction into Geocaching
- like to do some mapping events
And last but not least just a few data about me. In opposite to my user name I'm male, born 1975, handsome (they say) but quite little crazy and I do a lot of sports, especially long distances on the road bike.
So if you can help me to achieve one/some/all of my aims, or are just curious don't hesitate to contact me at mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org (BTW: My native language is German but as OSM is a international project I will continue to fill this page in English)
P.S.: As with the OSM idea of a FREE map I also use a FREE OS